Since 1871, Continental tyres have been designed to provide unparalleled drive performance and tyre longevity for cars, vans, motorcycles, and 4x4s – find yours in the Protyre range.
With same day appointments often available, book your UK Continental tyre fitting appointment online at a garage near you with Protyre today. Simply input your registration number or select your size below. For more information, contact us
Why choose Continental tyres?
Continental tyres are some of the most fitted in Europe. According to the manufacturer, a third of all new European cars were fitted with Continental original equipment car tyres in 2019, with nine out of ten of the best-selling cars on the continent approved to run them.
The reason behind this massive popularity is that Continental’s tyres – winter, all-season, van, car, motorcycle, or 4x4 – feature designs and tread patterns that improve grip and safety while enabling greater performance and fuel economy.
Continental tyres are made with premium materials too, which results in increased durability for vehicle owners and reduced long-term maintenance costs.
It’s for these reasons that Conti tyres have won plenty of industry awards. Their AllSeasonContact tyre won best tyre in the Auto Express Product Awards 2021, and back in 2019 the brand won the same accolades for their summer, winter, and all-season tyres. The business was also awarded Superbrands status for 2020/21 on the back of its excellent reputation.
View Protyre’s range of Continental tyres below.
What are Continental tyres?
Founded in Hanover, Germany 150 years ago, Continental is now one of the world’s leading and most innovative automotive parts suppliers.
The business was the first to make car tyres with grooves in 1904, followed by riveted anti-skid tyres in 1905, and removable wheel rims in 1908. In the 1990s, the company was also the first to make environmentally friendly tyres available to the broader passenger car market. Over the last century, the business has gone from strength to strength, and in 2021, Continental tyres had more than 190,000 employees in over 560 locations in 58 different countries.
Maintaining road safety without compromising driving comfort or pleasure, Continental tyres have long been a byword for automotive quality, making Continental the world’s third-largest tyre manufacturer in 2020, after Michelin and Bridgestone.
How much do Continental tyres cost?
The cost of Continental tyres depends on their features. The manufacturer’s premium range of tyres designed for high performance vehicles or their extra load tyres, for instance, are more expensive than their standard and spare tyre ranges.
However, while Continental tyres cost a little more than budget brands, they nonetheless provide excellent value for money, thanks to their leading array of features and performance capabilities.
The different types of Continental tyres
There are several different types of Continental tyres available, split by vehicle type:
Continental Car Tyres
Continental car tyres are known for their superb braking, handling, performance, and safety, and at Protyre we stock a range of Continental tyres to suit all requirements and driving styles.
Whether you’re looking for a high-performance tyre that offers maximum safety or something that can provide you with a reduced fuel consumption, we’ll have the Continental car tyre for you.
Continental Van Tyres
Continental van tyres deliver great maintenance and safety benefits and are a popular choice for van models, including the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Toyota Proace, and Volkswagen Transporter.
From the Continental PremiumContact 6, to the Continental ContiCrossContact, we stock an extensive range of tyres to keep your van moving.
Continental 4x4 Tyres
Offering a comfortable ride and low noise, Continental 4x4 tyres have been specifically designed for sports utility vehicles (SUVs).
With superb toughness to withstand the rocks and shocks when off-roading and long-lasting quality to maintain tyre tread and ensure premium grip, we have a wide range of Continental 4x4 tyres for your vehicle.
Continental Motorcycle Tyres
Continental has been producing motorcycle tyres almost as long as bikes themselves. And today, the company has a variety of motorbike tyres available with a range of tread patterns to get the most out of your bike.
Continental motorcycle tyres are built to ensure the highest consistent level of performance thanks to innovative technologies such as MultiGrip, ZeroDegree and EasyHandling. From tourers to cruisers, off-road to sport, Continental will have the right tyre for your ride.
Additionally, Continental tyres are available based on their characteristics:
- Continental all-season tyres – Also called four-season tyres, Continental’s all-season tyres are designed to do just that: perform well whatever the weather or temperature. It’s for that reason that these tyres, which comprise most of the range, are excellent all-rounders for drivers in temperate climates.
- Continental winter tyres – Featuring increased grip thanks to more grooves and sipes in the tread pattern, Continental’s winter tyres like the Winter Contact TS 850 P are made to tackle even the worst snowy and icy winter conditions.
- Continental summer tyres – Made for hotter climates, tyres like the Continental ContieContact EP are formulated to provide exceptional grip and durability, even in hot summer weather when road surface temperatures are at their highest.
- Continental run-flat tyres – Continental’s run-flat tyre range features models like the SportContact 3 SSR RunFlat, which enables the car to be driven safely at speeds of up to 50 mph for up to 50 miles in the event of a flat tyre.
- Continental extra load tyres – Made for larger, heavier vehicles, extra load tyres like the Continental SportContact have extreme durability.
How to buy Continental tyres in the UK with Protyre
Purchasing Continental tyres is simple with Protyre:
1. Scroll to the top of the page, input your registration number or search by tyre size, and the tyres that can be fitted to your vehicle will be listed. Select the best for your needs and budget.
2. Select your local garage – there are over 160 across the UK to choose from.
3. Choose a date to have your Continental tyres fitted. Same-day fitting is available on the vast majority of our range.
4. Take your car to your appointment and find out why we’re rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot.
Get premium, long-lasting, high-performance Continental tyres for your car, van, bike, or 4x4 from Protyre today. Contact us online or call 0333 060 2294 if you have any questions.