Why choose Dunlop car tyres?
Dunlop have worked to push the boundaries of performance in their tyres, whether in the race-winning rubber used on generations of competitors' cars in all manner of classes to the consumer tyres. Dunlop strives to provide unrivalled control, safety and efficiency.
Over the years, Dunlop has managed to create a rather impressive collection of awards and innovations, aside from the aforementioned debut of the pneumatic tyre. Dunlop tyres have been on 34 Le Mans 24 Hours race winners, which is more than any other tyre manufacturer.
Other innovations from Dunlop include discovering the phenomenon of aquaplaning in 1962, then creating the tyre technology to allow tyres to develop grip at high speed in wet conditions. As early as 1972, Dunlop was pioneering Run On Flat technology, allowing vehicles to get home if they suffer a puncture. More recently, in 2014 Noise Shield Technology was introduced by Dunlop, which reduces vehicle noise by as much as 50%.
How to buy Dunlop car tyres online with Protyre
It’s easy to find new car tyres and book a fitting date with Protyre. In just a few simple steps, we’ll help you order the right tyres for your car – and get you booked in at one of our 160+ local garages on a date that works for you. All it takes is a few minutes to buy your new car tyres online. Here’s how the process works:
- Find your car tyres online: Enter your car registration and we’ll find the perfect new tyres for your car
- Choose your local garage: With 160+ Protyre garages in the UK, find your nearest to get your car tyres fitted
- Book a tyre fitting date: Pick your preferred date. We can even do same-day tyre fitting on 1,000+ car tyres
- 5-Star Service: Buy your car tyres online from us and you’ll also receive award-winning service
Dunlop car tyres at Protyre – Same Day Fitting Available
- Dunlop Sport Bluersponse The Dunlop Sport Bluersponse is a high performance tyre, designed for compact to mid-sized vehicles. This tyre combines efficiency with a dynamic response, reducing rolling in corners, whilst improving performance in wet conditions and shortening braking distances. The wet compound in the Bluresponse tyres is derived from Ultra High Performance Technology designed by Dunlop. Bluresponse tyres also reduce tyre noise levels thanks to their closed shoulder grooves.
- Dunlop Sport SP SportMaxx RT2 For a sportier experience, the Dunlop Sport SP SportMaxx RT2 has been designed for those wanting to translate driving impulses directly into action. SportMaxx tyres are designed to handle with increased performance whilst cornering. These tyres are also designed to offer superior performance in wet conditions, having demonstrated exceptionally high performance in aquaplaning tests. The high performance of SportMaxx tyres in wet conditions is thanks to an asymmetric tread design, which is in place to offer great levels of grip in both wet and dry conditions. For those who often travel at high speeds, SportMaxx tyres utilise jointless belt technology which reduces deformation at high speeds, providing a smooth and stable ride, whilst reducing tread wear. SportMaxx tyres are also available in RunFlat models, which offer all of the benefits of SportMaxx tyres, whilst also boasting RunFlat technology. RunFlat technology allows you to continue driving in the event of a puncture for up to 50 miles at a maximum of 50mph. This eliminates the need for roadside repairs, enabling you to reach a garage in order to replace the damaged tyre.
- Dunlop SP StreetResponse Dunlop SP StreetResponse tyres are everyday tyres, which have shown an uptick in performance when measured against previous StreetResponse tyres. These include 6% shorter braking distances in the wet, and a 4% reduction in braking distance in dry conditions as well as the dependable handling that we have come to expect from a Dunlop tyre.
- Dunlop Enasave EC300+ Towards the top end of Dunlop's range is the Dunlop Enasave EC300+, which has been developed in collaboration with Japanese tyre manufacturer Sumitomo. Enasave tyres have been designed to provide very low rolling resistance, which helps to reduce fuel consumption. This has been achieved without any compromises being made to either safety or comfort.
Looking for advice on Dunlop tyres?
If your tyres are approaching the end of their lives, why not book a free tyre safety check at your local Protyre garage. During a tyre safety check appointment, our tyre professionals will inspect and report on the condition of your tyres, suggesting the most appropriate replacements if they are necessary.
Book A Free Tyre Check