The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 SSR (Self Supporting Runflat) has been designed for medium to luxury sized cars.
- The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 SSR technology enables drivers with a sudden loss of tyre pressure to continue at a maximum speed of 50mph for no more than 50 miles.
- The tyre's design leads to exact handling and unrivalled handling.
- The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 has pioneering 3 dimensional grooves to increase water dispersal and lower the chances of aquaplaning.
Continental SSR Tyres
SSR stands for SelfSupportingRunflat Tyre
The SSR principle:
Unlike conventional tyres, the SSR principle is based on a reinforced self-supporting sidewall. This prevents the inside of the tyre from getting pinched between the road and the rim and from slipping into the rim well in the event of a loss of inflation. The SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) for up to 80 km (50 miles), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
SSR runflat tyres offer crucial advantages
- With SSR tyres you remain mobile in the event of a flat tyre. You can reach your destination or tyre service facility without the bother of having to replace a flat tyre with the spare tyre
- Compatible with standard rims
- Simple mounting
- Saves room and weight, and thus fuel, giving you as much as 3 cubic feet more cargo area.
- Outstanding braking performance in both wet and dry conditions.
- Excellent resistance to aquaplaning.
- Precise handling and unbeatable driving stability.
- Self-Supporting Runflat (SSR) technology enables onward travel so there's no need to carry a spare tyre.
- Trusted by leading car manufacturers; Audi A1/A6, BMW Series 3/5, Nissan Qashqai and VW Passat come equipped with ContiPremiumContact 2 from the factory.
- Engineered in Germany, Continental develops award-winning premium tyres with optimum braking performance and safety.