How to buy cheap tyres online with Protyre
1. Enter your vehicle registration into the search bar. This is so we can show you the best budget tyres for your vehicle.
2. Add your postcode to see the next available fitting date at your local Protyre garage.
3. Book and pay for your budget tyres online with our secure checkout. You may find we can fit your new cheap tyres the same day.
What are the best budget tyres?
We stock some of the best budget tyres on the market from leading manufacturers including:
- Autogrip - Made by the Fullrun tyre manufacturer, they make Fullway, Versatyre, Antyre, and Adereneza branded tyres. Their range of cheap tyres includes summer tyres and runflats.
- Budget - Made by Duraturn, a branch of YC Rubber Company. Duraturn Mozzo tyres are for passenger cars, and their Travia brand is suited to light commercial vehicles and SUVs. They also have some of the best budget tyres for winter with their Mozzon range.
- Ovation - Made by Shandong Hengfeng Rubber & Plastic Company, who produce 12 million tyres per year using state of the art European machinery to guarantee high quality and consistency.
- Runway - Made by Singapore’s Giti Tire company. They make both budget tyres and performance tyres.
What is the difference between budget tyres and normal tyres?
The main difference between cheap tyres and normal tyres is the price. Budget tyres are often cheaper because of fierce regional competition in eastern Asia and poor brand recognition in Europe.
Premium tyres are often built for specific purposes and tend to be from recognisable brands like Dunlop, Continental, and Pirelli, whereas mid-range tyres are often produced by the same premium manufacturers, but with slightly cheaper materials. Similarly, budget tyres use materials and processes that aren't of the same high quality as tyres made by premium manufacturers, which is why they are more affordable.
It's also worth noting that cheap budget tyres and discount tyres are two different things. Budget brands aim consistently at providing affordable rather than high-performance tyres, whereas a discount tyre can be a high-performance tyre discounted because of over-stocking or line clearances.
At Protyre, we often discount particular tyres, and leading tyre makers do the same – offering great tyres at low prices. In some tyre sizes, Pirelli and Bridgestone often match the price of mid-range and budget brands, so always check every manufacturer when looking for cheap tyres.
Are budget tyres safe?
It's important to remember that just because cheap tyres don't use the same premium materials as normal tyres, they still have to meet the same stringent roadworthiness tests as premium tyres.
Generally speaking, the best budget tyres are for small cars that travel less than 8,000 miles per year within urban areas. Like with any tyres, driving sensibly will ensure longevity, but if you do tend to travel for long distances on intercity journeys, it might be worth spending that bit more on premium tyres.
How much do budget tyres cost?
Depending on your wheel size, budget tyres can start under £40, with runflat tyres starting at around £50. Premium tyres, on the other hand, can set you back around £80 per tyre.
Some brands like Runway make both budget and performance tyres, with their budget Runway Enduro HP726 variety coming in at under £40. At the other end of their range, the Enduro 916 high-performance tyre is priced over £100.
Search for your car tyres by Brand
Select a logo to view the full range of tyres for the brand, available at any Protyre Garage. You will be able to filter by tyre size or number plate to help you find the correct tyres for your vehicle.