Why choose Goodyear 4x4 tyres?
We have found the manufacturer exceptional when it comes to making tough, rugged tyres (like the Wrangler range) and of course this is particularly evident in the SUV and 4x4 product lines. Among the thousands of patents are “Duraseal” which helps seal tread penetrations and ArmorGrip which incorporated Kevlar into tyre designs. Despite their cutting-edge designs, most Goodyear tyres compare favourably to brands like Michelin and Bridgestone in price.
How to buy Goodyear 4x4 & SUV tyres online with Protyre
It’s easy to find new car tyres and book a fitting date with Protyre. In just a few simple steps, we’ll help you order the right tyres for your car – and get you booked in at one of our 150+ local garages on a date that works for you. All it takes is a few minutes to buy your new car tyres online. Here’s how the process works:
- Find your car tyres online: Enter your van registration and we’ll find the perfect new tyres for your 4x4
- Choose your local garage: With 150+ Protyre garages in the UK, find your nearest to get your tyres fitted
- Book a tyre fitting date: Pick your preferred date. We can even do same-day tyre fitting on 1000+ 4x4 tyres
- 5-Star Service: Buy your 4x4 tyres online from us and you’ll also receive award-winning service
Goodyear 4x4 tyres at Protyre
- The flagship of Goodyear 4x4 tyres is the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. It will deliver maximum grip, responsive handling and cruising comfort for higher-end vehicles. There is also an all-season version, but it is a little noisier.
- Although not their cheapest range, the Ultragrip Performance 2 is an Auto Express “Best Buy”. They are noteworthy for their swept-back tread pattern which promises short braking in wet conditions and excellent aquaplaning resistance. In our experience, they are also good on snow. Goodyear states they have optimised the tread wear on the Ultragrip range meaning they should go a few thousand miles further than some of their rivals. There is a special version of the Ultragrip optimised for SUVs and also a run-flat version.
- The Goodyear EfficientGrip range is a smoother tyre that provides higher performance on dry roads. The slicker design also raises fuel efficiency and durability. This is more of a summer tyre design, but it nevertheless has excellent aquaplaning resistance in wet weather. It is also quiet-rolling if you like to roll the window down.
- Goodyear’s Cargo ranges are aimed at vans but also suitable for other 4x4s. The Cargo Vector has a chunky hexagonal tread pattern but is nevertheless an all-season rather than a winter tyre. For tyres specifically for winter you can consider the Goodyear Cargo Ultragrip, which is both chunky as well as having diamond-shaped wedges that provide even higher grip over icy mud and snow. The Goodyear Cargo G26 is a quieter tyre for better performance in less testing weather conditions and is recommended for the Isuzu Grafter, Renault Traffic and Ford Transit.
- The Vector 4Seasons is an award-winning tyre that is stable in both extra hot and cold weather conditions and performs well on both wet and dry roads. It is an ideal tyre for most SUVs. Their comparisons points are the excellent Pirelli Scorpion range, especially the Pirelli Scorpion AT and the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season.
- For off-road use, the Wrangler DuraTrac and extremely rugged Wrangler MT/R will remain stable on the toughest terrain. For more occasional off-roading, consider the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure or the all-weather version of the Wrangler HP.
Looking for advice on Goodyear 4x4 tyres?
If you are not sure if your tyres need to be replaced, please book your vehicle in for a free tyre safety check. Our qualified fitters will be able to assess the condition of your 4x4 tyres and talk you through the next steps.
Book A Free Tyre Check