Full car service
Book your car service
Our full car service is our most comprehensive servicing package. All aspects of your vehicle will be checked for issues and any essential maintenance will be carried out by one of our skilled technicians. They're trained by the Institute of the Motor Industry so rest assured you'll be getting a reliable service from real experts.
We only use the best-quality Original Equipment (OE) components or equivalents for our maintenance and repair tasks. Using information from Autodata and your vehicle's service history, we stick to a service plan that works for your car. Our work is of the highest standard, so that's why we’ll guarantee your full car service for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
What are the benefits of a full service for your car?
A full car service is designed for drivers who want their vehicles to be meticulously checked for every maintenance issue. After an appointment with one of our trained technicians, you can drive away knowing that you and your car are ready for the road ahead.
These packages are a great choice for your vehicle’s yearly service which is recommended roughly every 12,000 miles. Even if your last MOT didn't raise issues, a full car service keeps your vehicle running smoothly and reduces the risk of breakdowns.
If you’ve purchased a second-hand car that has a chequered or unknown service history, a full service is a must-have. A thorough inspection can identify any issues, while our experts will perform any essential maintenance. Afterwards, you can drive away in your car knowing that there are no costly headaches looming under the bonnet.
What does a full car service include?
Our comprehensive full car service includes a 59-point examination so we can get to grips with all aspects of your vehicle. It combines the features of our interim and basic packages but adds much more for motorists who want only the best for their car.
You can expect the following to be checked during a full car service by Protyre:
· Engine inspection: Oil leak, oil and filter, fan and alternator, auxiliary belts, antifreeze, timing belt schedule, radiator and radiator cap, coolant hoses, expansion bottle, tank and cap, air filter, and spark plugs
· Electrical components: Interior and exterior lights, warning lights, battery charge and terminals, HT leads and distributor cap, horn and diesel plug indicator
· Drive system and fluids: Clutch, driveshaft, joints, gaiters and boots, clutch and axle oil, and transmission and gearbox fluid
· Steering and suspension: Power steering system and fluid, steering components, steering rack gaiters, wheel bearings, shock absorbers and suspension
· Windscreens and mirrors: Washers and wipers, windscreen washing fluid, windscreen damage and security, interior and exterior mirrors plus number plates
· Exhaust system: Exhaust system and catalysts
· Braking: Brake pads, callipers, shoes, wheel cylinders, brake discs and drums, brake fluid boiling point, brake hydraulic system, handbrake, ABS warning light and brake fluid level
· Fuel filter and caps: Fuel cap and lines plus fuel filter
· Tyres: Tread depth, pressures, condition, wear, age, spare tyres, TPMS valves plus TPMS warning lights and sensors
· Miscellaneous: Pollen filter, reset vehicle service light, lubricate door hinges, seatbelts, road test and logbook stamp
If you’re not sure which package is right for you, or whether your car needs a full service right now, consult your vehicle handbook and service history. Alternatively, contact our team via 0333 060 1992 or email. for further guidance. For more information on what is included in each of our full, interim and basic services, click the button below.
How much is a full car service?
A full car service from Protyre costs £169 as standard. This price covers the various checks and maintenance tasks our technicians perform when inspecting your vehicle and its components. Your final bill may be higher if your car needs repairs after the service has been completed. Any additional costs will typically account for parts and labour.
How long will a full car service take?
Our expert technicians usually take around three to four hours to complete a comprehensive full car service. We know how important your vehicle is to you, so we don't want to rush.
That said, circumstances can extend this timeframe. If your car is in particularly bad condition, lots of problems are found, or your tester needs to ask you for additional items, then a full car service can take a little longer. To help everything run smoothly, we recommend you bring your service history booklet and wheel nuts with you and leave your keys at the garage when you drop your car off.
Why get a full car service and MOT together?
We know taking your car to the garage isn't always the most convenient thing, but it is important to look after your vehicle and keep yourself and others safe. You can take much of the hassle out of car maintenance by booking a full car service and MOT at the same time.
Save time, money and avoid multiple trips to the garage by combining these two products. We can even offer you an MOT for just £20 when you book a car service with us. Better still, we carry out the service first to give your vehicle the best chance of passing its MOT with fewer bumps along the road.
Where is my nearest Protyre garage?
Not sure where your local Protyre garage is? No problem! Use our garage locator to find yours. Simply click the button below and enter your postcode in the search bar.
Book your full car service with Protyre today
Prices for our full car services start at just £169. Our Protyre technicians and garages are rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot with tens of thousands of reviews that you can see for yourself. Each of our 184 workshops delivers the same high standards and expert knowledge.
**While our prices are competitive, servicing pricing may vary depending on engine size and vehicle type. Luxury cars, certain vehicle marques and engines over 2.5L may be subject to change. **