Protyre hits UK radio waves to raise awareness for Tyre Safety Month 2019
Protyre Retail Director Simon Hiorns and TyreSafe charity Chairman, Stuart Jackson, took to the airwaves on various local radio stations across the UK to promote the importance of tyre safety and discuss the interesting results from a recent Protyre survey.
The campaign was a success, achieving 93 minutes of air time and reaching an audience of 651,000 people through the 11 pieces of coverage. To recap of some of the topics discussed, check out some of the highlights from the links from the top 3 interviews below:
- WCR FM
- BBC Tees
- Coast FM
Protyre's survey, in which 2,003 drivers took part, revealed some interesting results, especially regarding the priorities of young drivers when it comes to car maintenance:
- Drivers aged 55+ are significantly more likely (58%) to spend the most money on their car’s tyres
- Only 26% drivers aged 18-34 cite tyres in their top three concerns, opting for accessories, spoilers and headlight modifications instead
- Younger drivers are significantly more likely than other age groups to spend a limited budget on superficial or aesthetic improvements to their car such as accessories and parts (19%, versus 8% across all age groups), exterior modifications, such as spoilers and headlight adornments (11%, versus 4% total), and info-tainment, including the car’s stereo and sound system (11%, versus 6% total).
- 9% of UK car owners NEVER check their tyres
- 25% of car owners said they’ve received conflicting information about the correct tyre tread depth
- 21% have purchased part worn tyres in the past
The results of this survey display the importance of what we do at TyreSafe, continually raising awareness around tyre safety, especially for the younger generation, who may need to review where they prioritise spending their car maintenance budget!
Protyre stock a wide range of tyres from leading manufacturers – buy online and save £££s!
Protyre are proud supporters of TyreSafe
and the importance of raising awareness around road safety issues. A large amount of road incidents can be attributed to poor vehicle maintenance. Why not book your vehicle in for a Free Safety Check at your local Protyre garage?
Their 6-point free safety checks cover lights, wiper blades, oil level, battery health, tyres and a windscreen wash top up if required. Click the button below to book online:
Free Safety Check
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive Protyre offers and our latest news