Protyre and Micheldever Group Ltd pledge alliance to The Armed Forces Covenant
Protyre – together with parent company Micheldever Group - has announced its pledge to The Armed Forces Covenant to help support ex-forces personnel.
The company joins a select group of employers in signing The Armed Forces Covenant, a promise to the nation and to those who have served that personnel will be treated fairly in their careers on leaving the military.
In signing the Covenant, Protyre is committing to its five pledges: tailored employment transition and support; accommodation of employee commitment to the Reserve Forces; support to local community and cadets; participation in Armed Forces Day; and offer of discounts to members of the Armed Forces community.
As an employer with an established track record in helping a number of ex-forces personnel transition into new careers, Protyre is committed to ensuring opportunities and growth for this diverse employee base.
One such team member is Jack Kempton, has been with Micheldever for seven years and has progressed through the ranks to reach Region Sales Manager: “When I first left the military, the future looked bleak and I went through therapy for quite a while. I then came across Micheldever who supported me through the application process and into a full-time role with a clear career path.”
Jack Kempton, now Retail Regional Manager at Protyre, said:
“It was quite nerve racking when I first came out of the military because you’re so used to a certain way of life and trying to find something that you can adapt that way of life to in civvy street is quite hard. The team at Protyre have been really good in guiding me through and I’m now in a role I thoroughly enjoy.”
Alongside this latest pledge, Protyre is also proactively seeking to take on a raft of ex-forces personnel, starting by holding its first insight day, designed to give service leavers a glimpse of life working for the company.
Those attending will be able to learn more about career possibilities by talking to current staff, with the opportunity to delve into specific job roles and explore current vacancies.
Protyre currently has a range of roles available as well as running a fantastic apprenticeship scheme, which gives young people the perfect platform to enter the automotive industry. Click the button below to find out more:
Protyre Apprenticeship Scheme
Check out the latest vacancies at Protyre by clickign the button below:
What are the pledges of The Armed Forces Covenant?
The Armed Forces Convenant consists of five pledges outlined in full:
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment transition for Service Leavers;
- by holding introduction days for service leavers in order to get to know the business and roles. By advertising on the CTP Job board and offering Web chats events to answer queries interested service leavers may have regarding the opportunity.
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces;
- by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- by offering to speak at local schools about the apprenticeship schemes on offer with the Micheldever Tyre Services Group
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- by attending where possible the Armed Forces Day
- Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community;
-by supporting the Armed Forces community with the ‘Employee Benefits’ Discount scheme
Keen to find out what it's like to work for Micheldever Group & Protyre?
Listen to the accounts of some of the Ex-Forces personnel who now ply their trade for Protyre and Micheldever Tyres in the video below:
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive Protyre offers and our latest news