Meet the person behind the tyre
As you know Protyre is the official trackside supplier of tyres for a number of exciting, high octane championship series, such as the Porsche Carrera Cup, Protyre Ginetta GT5 Challenge, Formula E and the Dutch Supercar Challenge.
The guys who travel around the country, and the world, fitting tyres at races are the same people who work on your vehicle in your local centre.
So who are these guys who take that the same level of technical expertise and quality service from the pit lane to the fitting bay at your local centre? For this blog we thought we’d put a happy, smiley face to the Motorsport team!
• Name: Dale Johns
• Age: 26
• Protyre centre: I’m based at the Exeter centre. I’ve worked for Protyre for seven years and supported the Motorsport team for the past 15 months
• Number of races attended: I’ve been to 27 race weekends, including Formula E all over the world, Dutch Super Cars at Spa (Belgium), Brands Hatch and Zandvoort (Holland), Porsche Carrera Cup all over the UK, as well as the ERS Endurance series
• Favourite event attended: Formula E in Miami – a great circuit and a great city
• Dream car: Dodge Charger
• Most important lesson learnt at a race: The quality of figment and balancing of tyres is critical to safety and efficiency of race cars, which is also true for the road cars I deal with back at the depot. I’ve also personally supported the Venturi and Mahindra Formula E teams to ensure the correct tyre pressures are used. It’s just the same as being back in Exeter!
• Dream motorsport job: Fitting for F1
So there you have it – whether it’s a race car or a family, it makes no difference to us. Our expertise and knowledge ensures we offer ALL customer the best possible service.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive Protyre offers and our latest news