The Tyreland Southampton garage was originally opened in 2006. The centre boasts over 8,000 tyres in stock at the city industrial estate Southampton, joining the Protyre network in 2011 giving it access to even greater stocks at more competitive prices. The auto garage specialises in providing tyres and includes a warehouse which provides tyres to many garages in and around Southampton. Andrew and his team are pleased to welcome members of the public and will fit tyres to cars, vans and 4x4s at some of the best prices around. With some of the largest tyre stocks around the Southampton centre fits tyres from all the leading brands including Pirelli, Hankook, Falken, Runway, Bridgestone and Continental tyres. The car garage has a state of the art Laser Wheel Alignment system and will be happy to fill your new tyres with Nitrogen. Southampton Tyreland team Protyre will shortly be opening an MOT testing lane and will be able to undertake servicing and mechanical repairs to compliment the fast fit services already provided of brake, battery, bulb and exhaust replacement.
Other Services in Southampton Southern Road
The following mechanical services are offered by Tyreland Southampton
- Southampton Southern Road offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Southampton Southern Road auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. If you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Southampton Southern Road garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Southampton Southern Road offers diagnostics test which identify whether a warning light stems from issues in areas including the engine, ignition coils, throttle, and much more.
- Services such Car Mobile fitting, Diagnostics, Nitrogen, Car MOT and servicing are also offered in Southampton Southern Road
- We also offer an air conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle will require. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas just yet you can book a free air conditioning, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system, and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.
Tyres in Southampton Southern Road
When it comes to replacing your tyres, there are hundreds of options available and it can sometimes seem a bit daunting. The obvious way to make this easier is to opt for like-for-like replacements and buy the same tyres that came with your vehicle when you first got it. To establish what tyres you are currently using, all you need to do is take a look at the markings on the tyre sidewall. This will give you the details in-terms of size and the manufacturer’s name should also be visible. The tyre size code will look something like this: 235/55 R17 99W
This code gives the following information.
The first 3 digit number gives the width of the tyre in millimetres (in this case 235). The second number (55) is the height of the sidewall as a percentage of width. The R indicates radial construction. The 17 after that is the diameter of the wheel rim (inches). The next number (99) is a code that indicates the tyre’s load index i.e. the maximum weight that it can hold safely. The final letter (W) represents the maximum speed that the tyre can handle, rated from A to Y.
When it comes to buying tyres, there are three main categories based up on quality and cost. These are premium, budget, and mid-range. Premium tyres cost more and last longer and are made by big-names, such as; Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestone. Budget tyres cost a lot less but don’t last as long - manufacturers include Autogrip and Runway. Mid-range tyres are a happy medium between premium and budget - brands include Falken and Sumitomo. It is also important to be aware that some tyres are made for different conditions/seasons. There are numerous tyres available that are designed for use in either the winter or the summer - and there are also all-season/all-weather tyres that are designed to give a solid driving experience all year round.
It is recommended that you replace all your tyres at the same time if possible but you should definitely have the same tyres on each axle (e.g. front two or back two). If you are wondering “where can I find tyres in Southampton near me?” then Protyre has the answer. We are a network of local garages you can trust. Our garages have teams of qualified fitters and also offer a number of free checks including free tyre checks, suspension checks, and steering checks, all with same day appointments available if its urgent.
Car Servicing in Southampton Southern Road
Car Servicing in Southampton Southern Road offers three main car servicing packages: The Gold, Silver and Bronze packages. The Bronze package provides a check-up service and is perfect for those who cover high mileage, or frequently use their vehicle to travel around town. The Bronze package is designed to give motorists peace of mind between annual services and includes a battery check, inspection and top up of anti-freeze and an oil and filter change. The Silver package is an interim service package which maintains vehicle efficiency for longer and reduces the risk of breakdown. This makes it a superb choice for those who have recently purchased a vehicle which has not been serviced for a while. This package consists of everything included in the Bronze package, in addition to inspection of electrical component, together with brake pads, battery terminals, timing belt, alternator and more. Gold package is a full service package which is suitable for anybody who is looking for for hassle-free motoring and peace of mind whilst out on the road. This package includes all of the Bronze and Silver benefits, as well as a tyre condition check, radiator inspection, brake/disc drum check and engine inspection.
Car MOT in Southampton Southern Road
Car MOT in Southampton Southern Road specialise in low-cost MOT’s, with prices starting from only £29.95. As one of the largest DVSA-approved test centre networks in the country, thousands of vehicles pass their MOT with Protyre every year. We ensure that all vehicles are inspected to impeccable standards and are given their MOT certificate.
If you are looking for a sensibly-priced class 4 MOT at Southampton Southern Road, then you can easily book online using our automated booking system. For even greater convenience, Protyre offers same day MOT tests, allowing you to be in and out of the garage in just a couple of hours, taking the stress out of worrying about last-minute availability.