Nick and the team pride themselves on providing an exceptional level of customer service. The centre known as Tyre and Auto Southampton joined the Protyre network in 2016. The centre specialises in mechanical repairs as well as supplying and fitting tyres for cars, vans and 4x4s from all leading manufacturers, including Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone and Continental. Nick and the team will be pleased to provide advice on the best tyres to meet your driving requirements. Why not visit our centre to get the best advice from our experts or feel free to buy online with same day fitting available. Book MOT and Servicing online now.
Tyre & Auto - Southampton - Team Protyre Mechanical Services
The following mechanical services are offered by Tyre & Auto Southampton
- Tyre & Auto Southampton offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Tyre & Auto Southampton auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. If you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Southampton garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such Air Conditioning, Tyre delivery, Diagnostics, Car MOT and servicing are also offered by Tyre & Auto Southampton.
Tyre & Auto Southampton - Team Protyre, your local tyre experts
When it comes to replacing your tyres, there are hundreds of options available and it can sometimes seem a bit daunting. The obvious way to make this easier is to opt for like-for-like replacements and buy the same tyres that came with your vehicle when you first got it. To establish what tyres you are currently using, all you need to do is take a look at the markings on the tyre sidewall. This will give you the details in-terms of size and the manufacturer’s name should also be visible. The tyre size code will look something like this: 235/55 R17 99W
This code gives the following information.
The first 3 digit number gives the width of the tyre in millimetres (in this case 235). The second number (55) is the height of the sidewall as a percentage of width. The R indicates radial construction. The 17 after that is the diameter of the wheel rim (inches). The next number (99) is a code that indicates the tyre’s load index i.e. the maximum weight that it can hold safely. The final letter (W) represents the maximum speed that the tyre can handle, rated from A to Y.
When it comes to buying tyres, there are three main categories based up on quality and cost. These are premium, budget, and mid-range. Premium tyres cost more and last longer and are made by big-names, such as; Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestone. Budget tyres cost a lot less but don’t last as long - manufacturers include Autogrip and Runway. Mid-range tyres are a happy medium between premium and budget - brands include Falken and Sumitomo. It is also important to be aware that some tyres are made for different conditions/seasons. There are numerous tyres available that are designed for use in either the winter or the summer - and there are also all-season/all-weather tyres that are designed to give a solid driving experience all year round.
It is recommended that you replace all your tyres at the same time if possible but you should definitely have the same tyres on each axle (e.g. front two or back two). If you are wondering “where can I find tyres in Southampton near me?” then Protyre has the answer. We are a network of local garages you can trust. Our garages have teams of qualified fitters and also offer a number of free checks including free tyre checks, suspension checks, and steering checks, all with same day appointments available if its urgent.