The Tavistock team have built close relationships with the local community sponsoring the Tavistock Special Needs football team in the town for the past 12 years. The centre have helped raise funds for the team throughout the sponsorship including taking part in the annual sunrise cup which attracts nearly 1,500 footballers. The Tavistock tyres centres local sponsorship goes beyond football and includes 1st team sponsorship of Tavistock rugby club.
Besides playing a key part in the local community Tavistock tyres provides tyres for car, van, 4x4, motorcycle, truck and agricultural purposes. The centre also undertakes a complete range of mechanical repairs, servicing and MOTs. We will also be pleased to fit and replace brakes, batteries and exhausts. The centre boasts state of the art wheel alignment and diagnostics equipment. Tyres are available for all leading manufacturers including; Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, GT Radial and Falken tyres. Why not visit our centre to get the best advice from our experts or feel free to buy online with same day fitting available.
Car MOT in Tavistock
Using our map to find your nearest Protyre garage is a faster way of finding the right place for your next MOT than typing 'MOT in Tavistock near me' into a search engine. Not only is the Protyre name a guarantee of a quality service, but it means you can conveniently book online, often with just a few hours' notice. In addition to class 4 MOT and servicing for cars, we can also cater for vans, motorcycles and even agricultural vehicles.
An MOT mostly includes checks of safety-related components including the suspension, brakes, seat belts, lights, steering column, exhaust, emissions, mirrors, and horn. It is not a full service and does not include vital mechanical components such as your clutch, gearbox or engine. Although these are not considered safety-critical it is clearly important to have maintenance checks. The longer a fault is left, the more expensive it usually becomes to rectify. Tavistock Tyres - Team Protyre is able to offer local MOTs at a great price, we even offer same day appointments which can be booked via our automated online portal.
Book your MOT early to be safe
The problem with last minute MOTs isn’t that we won’t be able to fit you in, it’s that you might fail and be left with a vehicle that is illegal to drive. You can legally drive away a vehicle with relatively minor fault that is still covered by its previous MOT certificate, but if the new test reveals anything serious, your vehicle is immediately illegal (and unsafe) to drive. By booking your appointment 2 or 3 weeks ahead of time, you can ensure that you have breathing space in which to organise any required repairs.
When you get a new class 4 MOT certificate, it is dated from the date on which your old certificate expired, so you don’t lose those 2 or 3 weeks by booking early.
MOTs: Some key facts
An MOT includes checks of your tyres and windscreen washers. Thousands of motorists incur unnecessary costs and inconvenience by not checking these simple things beforehand. Protyre are specialists in top quality tyres and our professional technicians are happy to provide free advice at any time.
An MOT mostly includes checks of safety-related components including the suspension, brakes, seat belts, lights, steering column, exhaust, emissions, mirrors, and horn. It is not a full service and does not include vital mechanical components such as your clutch, gearbox or engine. Although these are not considered safety-critical it is clearly important to have maintenance checks. The longer a fault is left, the more expensive it usually becomes to rectify.
This is why so many of our clients choose to book an annual full service, often at the same time as their MOT.
Car Servicing in Tavistock
The costs of regular servicing are far less than the costs of breakdown recovery and emergency repairs. A full service includes inspection of your electrics, timing belt, brake shoes or drums, alternator, radiator and engine, in addition to routine checks of your oil levels, battery, filters and antifreeze. However, in between major car servicing, it is often wise to have an interim service check. These are cheaper but are designed to pre-empt signs of an impending breakdown. An interim service is particularly wise if you’re doing a high mileage, or planning a long trip. You can also pull into Tavistock Tyres at any time for routine tyre, battery and oil checks.
Why not book your MOT and car service at the same time and save! We only charge £20.00 for an MOT when booked with any car servicing package.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Tyres in Tavistock
When it comes to replacing your tyres, the simplest way to deal with it is to opt for like-for-like i.e. buying the same tyres that you are already using. However, this may not always be possible because some models may be discontinued. Alternatively, you may feel like a change if your existing tyres are not quite up to scratch. You may not have paid much attention to the tyres on your car until now. But if you need to replace them or want to upgrade, you need to know more about your current tyres. You can do this by looking at the code that appears on the tyre’s sidewall.
The code will look something like the 205/55 R16 105V. The first number represents the width of the tyre (from sidewall to sidewall) in millimetres. In this example, it’s 255. The second number is the aspect ratio. This indicates the sidewall height, expressed as a percentage of the tyre's width. In this example, the tyre height is 55% of its width. The first letter to appear indicates the type of construction. In this example, it is ‘R’ for radial. The number after the letter is the size of the wheel rim in inches - in this case, 16. The next number is 2 or 3 digits and represents the load index. The load Index is the maximum load that a tyre can carry. Each numerical code is used to indicate a weight in kilograms. In the example provided, the code 105 means that the maximum load the tyre can carry is 925kg. The letter that follows the load index indicates the speed rating (the maximum speed that the tyre can safely sustain when it is carrying its maximum load). Each letter represents a different speed. In the example above, the speed rating V represents a maximum speed of 149mph or 240 km/h.
If you are currently using budget tyres, you may want to upgrade to mid-range or premium tyres. This should enhance performance and handling, and they will also last longer, which should be factored into the total cost of ownership. If you are wondering 'where can I find tyres in Tavistock near me?' the qualified fitters here at Protyre in Tavistock are ready and waiting to help. We stock a wide range of tyres from leading manufacturers including; Pirelli, Bridgestone, Falken, and Goodyear. Why not book in for a free tyre check using the booking function here on the site or just call our friendly team who are always happy to offer help and advice. Protyre Tavistock also offers same day appointments.
Other Services in Tavistock
- Tavistock offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Tavistock auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. if you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Tavistock garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Tavistock offers diagnostics test which identify whether a warning light stems from issues in areas including the engine, ignition coils, throttle, and much more.
- Services such as Aircon, Suspension, Tyre Delivery and Car Servicing are also offered in Tavistock.
- We also offer an air conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle will require. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas just yet you can book a free air conditioning, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system, and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.