Protyre Warwick was opened in 2009 as a tyre centre. The location on Emscote Road had been closed for a number of years. The centre was officially opened by Manchester United football legend Denis Irwin on 6th October 2009.
The number of services offered by the centre has gradually increased to meet customer demand including motorcycle tyres and MOT's as well as servicing. Protyre Warwick was the first centre to become a Bridgestone Gold location and is renowned for its wheel allignment technology setting up road cars for motorsport and track days. The team continue to provide tyres for car, van, 4x4 and motorcycles as well as undertaking MOTs and servicing work. Protyre Warwick also undertakes work on brakes, batteries and exhausts. Why not visit our centre to get the best advise from our experts or feel free to buy online with same day fitting available.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Protyre Warwick Mechanical Services
The following mechanical services are offered by Protyre Warwick:
- Protyre Warwick offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Protyre Warwick auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. If you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Protyre Warwick garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as Diagnostics, Tyre Delivery, Car MOT and servicing are also offered by Protyre Warwick.
Protyre Warwick your local tyre experts
Are you certain that your current vehicle’s tyres are within legal limits? And do you know how to check?
It’s a legal requirement in the UK for all vehicle tyres to have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm, although most experts agree that changing tyres when the tread reaches 3mm is the best option to ensure that braking and handling are not compromised. But you can’t just measure tyres in one place and hope that’s sufficient. The minimum tread depth applies to the main body of the tyre throughout its entire circumference and must extend for at least three-quarters of the tyre’s width.
A popular method for checking tyre tread depths is to use a 20 pence coin, inserted into the treads of the tyre. If any part of the outer band remains visible, the tyre is too worn and needs urgent replacement. But can you be sure you’ve covered every part of every tyre? There’s not a lot of room for errors either, as insufficient tread will cost you three points on your licence. That’s three points per tyre, so if you’re driving with four worn tyres, and the police decide to check, you could end up losing your licence!
But before you panic and type ‘tyres in Warwick near me’ into a search engine, just head for Protyre Warwick instead; we're on the Emscote Road. Our tyre professionals will check all your vehicle’s tyres completely free of charge, giving you an honest appraisal of their condition and lifespan.
If one or more new tyres is needed, we won’t try and steer you in the direction of the most expensive tyre brands. We provide tyres for all types of vehicles across price ranges, so you can choose premium tyres
, such as; Pirelli
, as well as budget brands, including, Autogrip
. There’s also a good selection of mid-range tyres too, so there really is an option for every budget.
We can replace tyres like-for-like, or if you have more specialist driving objectives, we can advise you as to the most suitable options. Run-flat tyres
, for example, will let you drive home even when the tyre has suffered a puncture. This can be a good option for anyone who is unsure as to their ability to change a wheel at the roadside.
Make an appointment with Protyre Warwick today, and we’ll make sure that your vehicle’s tyres are providing you and your passengers with a safe and legal driving experience.