Originally opened by Ferdinand Schmid as Gupa-P-Tyres Keyham in 1957 before moving to Stonehouse in 1976 and then moving to its current location Clare Place in 2001.
The name Gupa P originates from the Indian name for rubber products. The Schmid family originally used the materials to repair rubber conveyor belts to repair car tyres. The Plymouth centre joined the Protyre family in 1999 with three of the Schmid family still working for the company today. The Gupa P brand moved on to providing a complete range of motoring services. It has built a strong reputation among the motorcycling community and it began selling and fitting motorcycle tyres in 1976. Our Plymouth Protyre garage now also offers motorcycle MOTs.
Tyres in Plymouth
As well as looking after the bike rider the centre provides for motorists including car, van and 4x4 drivers, fitting tyres whilst also undertaking MOTs and servicing. Protyre Plymouth auto garage also completes work on batteries, brakes, exhausts, suspensions and cam belts. Protyre Plymouth boasts a state of the art laser wheel allignment system. Protyre Plymouth car garage cater for all your tyre needs whether that be buying online or speaking to one of our friendly members of staff in the centre. Tyre brands include Metzeller, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin and Falken. The centre also boasts the widest stocks of budget tyres to meet every drivers requirements. Why not visit our garage to get the best advise from our experts or feel free to buy online with same day fitting available.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
If you’re looking for the best MOT and car servicing in Plymouth, Clare Place Protyre has you covered. Our team of qualified mechanics can advise you on the level of servicing your car needs and by booking your bronze, silver or gold service together with an MOT, you’ll save time and money.
Car servicing in Plymouth, Clare Place
At your local Protyre garage, our professional technicians are standing by to book your car in for a full service. We recommend that your vehicle undergoes major car servicing every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
If you commute and clock up plenty of city miles over a short space of time, our Bronze service is designed to give you peace of mind between each full service. This check-up service includes basic checks that will keep your vehicle running safely and efficiently.
Regular servicing and maintenance will prevent breakdowns and boost fuel efficiency. Book in for a Silver interim service with our qualified mechanics and we’ll make sure that your vehicle’s electrical components, timing belt and other key components are in tip-top condition.
In terms of full servicing, our Gold package is the most comprehensive. We’ll include all the benefits of the Bronze and Silver service packages and much more besides, delivering complete care for your vehicle with the value and pricing you’ll love.
Best MOT in Plymouth, Clare Place
If you're looking for the best MOT in Plymouth, Clare Place Protyre experts will ensure you can drive with confidence. Just book your class 4 MOT test with us and our professional technicians will take care of the rest.
If your vehicle is anywhere between 3 and 40 years old you must have an MOT test certificate to drive it in the UK. There are some simple checks you can perform yourself before the MOT, such as checking your light bulbs, car horn and filling up with screen wash or you can book in for one of our free safety checks before your test. To make sure everything is in top-notch condition, book your MOT and service together to save on time and reduce costs with our great deals.
The advantages of booking an MOT and service together in Plymouth
Maintaining your vehicle with regular servicing is the best way to make sure it runs reliably and efficiently for longer. An MOT is designed to focus on areas such as emissions and safety. So why should you book them together?
At Protyre we offer a fixed price for an MOT plus a service package. Not only will you save time, but the MOT will pick up on faults that can be remedied during your service. The same team of qualified mechanics will deal with your car throughout the process, keeping labour costs low and making the whole process far more affordable.
Nobody wants to spend time shuttling between different garages or having to visit on two separate days. Booking an MOT and service together is time efficient and makes sure you can drive away with the confidence that your vehicle is safe and roadworthy.
Booking the MOT and service together also means you’ll avoid duplicate vehicle checks and will know exactly what level of service you need.
Others Services in Plymouth
The following mechanical services are offered by Protyre Plymouth:
- Protyre Plymouth offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Protyre Plymouth auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. If you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Protyre Plymouth garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as Car Mobile Fitting Services, Diagnostics, Motorcycle MOT, Tyre Delivery, Nitrogen, Car MOT and Servicing are also offered by Protyre Plymouth