Protyre Ashford Victoria Road was originally opened in 1982 and was the original Tyreweb location. The Ashford Victoria Road tyre and MOT centre is located close to Ashford International Railway Station and gets a steady stream of customers either travelling to or from the continent.
Ben, the current centre manager, has years of experience fitting tyres and advising customers of the best tyres to meet their driving needs. Protyre Victoria Road has gained a reputation for providing a complete range of tyre-fitting services for cars, vans and 4x4s including wheel alignment and suspension work.
The centre offers a range of tyres from premium, mid-range and budget manufacturers including Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Falken and Runway and has access to all the leading brands of tyres from the main warehouse in Ashford, Kent only five minutes away. The tyre and MOT centre has extended its range of services to include brake, battery and exhaust replacement in recent years.
Car MOT available at Protyre Ashford Victoria Road
Protyre Ashford Victoria Road offers MOTs. It’s easy to book in by using your registration number and we sometimes have same-day slots available to make the process even more convenient. Simply pop into our Protyre Ashford Victoria Road MOT test centre or another garage near you to arrange an MOT and service.
An MOT will examine all the vital areas of your car such as the brakes, the exhausts and tyres. We will inspect the interior and exterior of the vehicle, the fuel system, the electrics and lights/visibility. We will also check the overall safety of the vehicle. You will be provided with an MOT certificate if your car meets all the requirements to pass.
Having a valid MOT certificate is a legal requirement to drive in the UK if your car is between three and 40 years old. When your vehicle passes its MOT, this confirms that your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to drive although it doesn’t cover mechanical condition.
Servicing available at Protyre Ashford Victoria Road
Protyre Ashford Victoria Road offers the best car service and our professional technicians will consider the age, make, model and condition of your car before recommending one of our car service packages.
The Bronze service is ideal for regular commuters who rack up the mileage and need peace of mind between annual services. Our Silver interim service ensures trouble-free motoring throughout the year while our top-of-the-range Gold service gives your vehicle a clean bill of health every 12,000 miles or 12 months.
All servicing is carried out with genuine manufacturer’s parts carrying a 12-month warranty. If you noticed a rattle that won’t go away or your fuel consumption is sky-high, book in for your next oil service or full service today.
Tyres in Ashford Victoria Road, Kent
If you are looking for tyres in Ashford Victoria Road, our tyre professionals can help. We stock ranges from some of the biggest brands around. Looking for budget-friendly tyres? We have a range of affordable options from respected economy brands. We also stock mid-range products from brands including:
- Sumitomo – Our collection of Sumitomo tyres is suitable for cars and for vehicles carrying extra loads. Sumitomo has considered the weather conditions when designing its products, so you are guaranteed to find a set of tyres to keep you moving smoothly, no matter what the weather.
- Falken – Our Falken range offers a wide selection of tyres suitable for a range of vehicles such as Minis, 4x4s or sports cars. No matter whether you need a tyre with extra traction to navigate slippery streets or something to keep you running when you head off the beaten track, Falken has a tyre to suit.
If you’d prefer a premium-model tyre, we offer several brands which are aimed at delivering exceptional performance:
- Bridgestone – Our range of Bridgestone tyres is suitable for passenger cars, 4x4s, trucks, buses and commercial vehicles. Bridgestone has over 90 years’ experience crafting premium tyres and, with such a variety of models available, you’re sure to find a set of tyres to match your vehicle.
- Pirelli – Our selection of Pirelli tyres caters to cars, vans, bikes, and 4x4s, to name just a few, and also features run-flat and all-season designs. Pirelli is highly revered globally and has a reputation for creating tyres of outstanding quality.
It’s likely that you will base your choice of tyre type on your needs as well as your budget. The tyres that we stock are also designed to cope with different seasonal conditions. Some are specifically engineered to function best in the winter, with tread patterns that offer more traction on slippery roads. Others are made for all seasons, offering solid year-round performance without excelling in a specific area.
At our Ashford Victoria Road tyre centre you can order replacement tyres to be fitted by our tyre professionals. We stock and supply products from leading manufacturers and can provide advice and guidance on any tyre-related issue, as well as a range of other automotive maintenance areas.
Why not get in touch with us today for a free tyre check? If you know what tyres you need, our advanced search function here on the website will help you to identify a range of options at competitive prices, with same-day appointments available. Ashford Victoria Road proudly serves Great Chart, Chilmington Green, Kennington and the surrounding areas.
Other Services in Ashford Victoria Road
- Ashford Victoria Road auto garage offers a wheel alignment service to check the position of a vehicle's wheels. This service can be purchased online. If you are unsure and need a professional opinion, why not book a free alignment check?
- Ashford Victoria Road offers free brake checks which cover the inspection of all brake-system components. One of our expert technicians will examine the brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Batteries are checked for any corrosion on their terminals, their voltage output and charging rate, which indicates its overall condition. This service takes under five minutes to complete as Protyre technicians have the latest equipment to hand. Book your free battery check now at our Ashford Victoria Road garage.
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests and is a bit complex. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as car mobile fitting, suspension, tyre delivery and car servicing are also offered in Ashford Victoria Road.
- We offer an air-conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air-conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle needs. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas, you can book a free air-conditioning check, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.
- Ashford Victoria Road also offers diagnostics tests which identify whether a warning light stems from issues in areas including the engine, ignition coils, throttle, and much more.
1. How often should you service your car?
As every car is different, the recommendation for servicing tends to vary between makes and models. Your vehicle’s manual should confirm the exact recommended frequency for servicing, or you could ask your local dealership. However, the general guideline is that your car should be serviced every year or every 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
2. How long does a car service take?
The time that it takes to complete your car service will vary depending on its make and model. Typically, larger vehicles require a little extra time to service. Car servicing does take longer than an MOT but you can usually expect to have your vehicle back on the same day. In general, a full car service will be complete in around three hours, assuming that no major concerns are identified.
3. How long do car tyres last?
How long your tyres remain in safe, working condition will depend on a variety of factors. Everything from the weather and the temperature to the conditions of the road and the way you drive can affect the lifespan of your tyres. In general, tyres are given a ‘shelf life’ of up to 10 years – although, if you’re driving regularly, it’s likely that they will wear out sooner.
When the time comes to replace your tyres, pop into one of our tyre shops near you
to arrange a tyre replacement.
4. How will I know when to change my car tyres?
5. What is wheel alignment?
The wheels of your car should be aligned correctly to ensure that you have full control of the vehicle when driving. This is essential to prevent steering issues and loss of control which could cause an accident.
We offer two main types of wheel alignment at our Ashford Victoria Road tyre centre:
- Front-wheel alignments examine the front wheels and focus on the caster – the forward or backward angle when the steering system rotates the wheel – and the toe, which refers to the angles at which the tyres are pointed.
- Four-wheel alignments check the front and rear wheels, along with the camber – the vertical alignment of the wheels when viewed from the front and which way they fold.
6. How long does a wheel alignment take?
The wheel alignment service provided at our Ashford Victoria Road tyre centre takes roughly one hour – although, in some cases, it may take slightly less time or slightly longer. The severity of your car’s misalignment and how many of the wheels need realigning will usually determine how long it takes to carry out the service.
For more information about wheel alignment near you, contact our team on 01233 364 181.
7. How much is a vehicle diagnostic test?
At Protyre, diagnostic tests are available for £50 including VAT and the price remains the same for all vehicles from cars and vans to motorcycles and 4x4s.
Need a quick and efficient service? Our online booking system makes it easy to arrange a diagnostics service near you at the touch of a button. Simply add our Diagnostic Plug-in & Report to your basket. From there, you’ll be able to decide where and when you would like to have your vehicle diagnostic test completed.
Why choose Protyre for your automotive needs?
Protyre is the UK’s trusted garage network, so you can count on us to help you find the right car service or tyres for you in Ashford Kent. All our garages
are manned by a team of qualified technicians so, whether you’re taking your car for an MOT or a tyre puncture repair at our Ashford Victoria Road garage, you’ll know that it’s in safe hands.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellent customer service and our reputation for efficiency and attention to detail. Our customers are always quick to shout about their experience with us and rate us as Excellent on Trustpilot