Island Tyres was originally founded in 1992 in Lake, Isle of Wight. It moved to its current purpose built location on Newport Road in 2000 and joined the Protyre team in 2008. The centre carries out a complete range of mechanical repairs and offers a fixed price service menu. As well as undertaking MOTs, vehicle diagnostics, air conditioning recharging, battery, brakes and exhaust replacements. It also holds a complete range of tyres, including premium tyres, quality tyres, economy tyres, winter tyres and run flat tyres.
The Newport Road location opposite Morrisons Supermarket is large enough to hold the widest stock of tyres meaning that most tyres are available for immediate fitting from stock. Tyres are available for either fitting on site or with our mobile fitting we will come to you! Providing tyres for cars, vans, 4x4 as well as motorcycle, truck and agricultural the centre offers a most comprehensive range of services to meet all island needs.
Tyres are available from all the leading manufacturers including Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin, Falken along with a comprehensive range of budget tyres to meet any requirements.
Car MOT available at Island Tyres Isle of Wight
Island Tyres Isle of Wight - Team Protyre offers MOT tests to check your car for safety and performance issues to ensure that your vehicle is safe and roadworthy. Tests are carried out by our professional technicians and take as little as one hour and you can book in for a free safety check to identify any issues before the MOT test.
Every vehicle needs an MOT once it is over three years old. Ever more complex rules also mean that a wider range of components are covered, ranging from windscreen wipers, seatbelts, exhausts and emissions through to registration plates. For newer cars, it is vital that your warning lights aren't flashing up to indicate any problems with airbags for example, as this will result in a failure. We are also able to offer same day MOT appointments. Isle of Wight proudly serving the following areas Northwood, Bowcombe, Blackwater, Downend, Wootton Bridge and the surrounding areas.
Car Servicing available at Island Tyres Isle of Wight
Island tyres Isle of wight- Team Protyre offers three levels of car services to suit all driving styles, vehicles and budgets. Our qualified mechanics only use genuine manufacturer parts, which all come with a full guarantee of twelve months or 12,000 miles. We believe our full service, interim service and major car servicing offerings represent the best value for money, especially for those who are keen to keep costs down.
The Silver package gives absolute peace of mind as to the roadworthiness of your vehicle and keeps it in great condition for an annual check. It has 48 checks, including the fan and auxiliary belts, lights and brakes, brake pads, wheel bearings and suspension, driveshaft, joints and boots.
The Gold package is designed for those who haven't had their car serviced in a while or who may have just bought a second-hand car and want to get it thoroughly checked and looked at. With no less than 59 checks, including all of those covered in the Silver service, it is our ultimate offering.
You can even opt to combine your MOT and car service for added convenience and a valuable cost saving at Island Tyres Isle of Wight. Buy an MOT for only £20.00 when booked with any of our car servicing options.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Tyres in Isle of Wight
If you are searching for 'tyres in Isle of Wight near me', our tyre professionals can help. We stock ranges from some of the biggest brands around. For example, if you are looking for budget tyres, we have budget-friendly options from respected economy brands. We also stock mid-range products from the likes of Sumitomo and Falken, as well as premium models aimed at delivering exceptional performance from Bridgestone, or Pirelli.
You will no doubt base your choice of tyre type on your needs as well as your budget. The tyres we stock are also designed to cope with different seasonal conditions. Some are specifically engineered to work best in the winter, with tread patterns that provide more traction on snowy and icy roads. Others are made for all seasons, giving solid year-round performance without excelling in any one area.
At our Isle of Wight garage you can order replacement tyres to be fitted by our tyre professionals. We stock and supply products from leading manufacturers and can provide advice and guidance on any tyre-related issue, as well as a range of other automotive maintenance areas.
Why not get in touch with us today for a free tyre check? If you know what tyres you need, our advanced search function here on the website will help you to identify a range of options at competitive prices, with same day appointments available.
Hybrid Car Servicing at Isle of Wight
At Isle of Wight, we offer three level of servicing package Bronze, Silver and gold hybrid servicing for all hybrid makes and models. Isle of Wight carry the latest equipment too, allowing our expert technicians to diagnose problems quickly and efficiently. Our three levels of hybrid service are designed to meet the needs of all hybrid vehicles, whatever their condition. Gold Service (Full) level is our most comprehensive servicing option. This option includes all the benefits of the Broze and Silver services. Full service is ideal for those who have a newly purchased vehicle, not serviced in a while. Silver servicing (Intermediate) level is recommended to maintain your vehicle efficiency for a longer duration of time and to help reduce the risk of breakdowns. The Silver servicing level includes all the basics of the bronze level. Intermediate service is ideal for rouble-free motoring and a comprehensive service for peace of mind motoring. Our Bronze servicing level is ideal for those who regularly use their vehicle for travelling in the city or for drivers that incur high mileage in a short time frame, and need peace of mind between annual services. Hybrid Services start at £144. We can also offer a vehicle MOT for only £20.00 when booked with any hybrid service. Just select to add an MOT at checkout.
Book Hybrid Car Servicing
Electric Car Servicing at Isle of Wight
Isle of Wight offers electric car servicing at £118.80. We can also offer a vehicle MOT for only £20.00 when booked with an electric service. Just select to add an MOT at checkout. Most of the mechanical aspects of car servicing remain the same for electric vehicles. However, there are a few additional checks that are required as part of comprehensive hybrid car servicing. Our technicians are trained to work on electric vehicles with all safety precautions when working with high voltage systems found in hybrid vehicles. Also our technicians go through rigorous training which includes IMI accreditation to ensure they can correctly and safely service hybrids to the same standards as a main dealer. Electric cars should be serviced at the same intervals as you would a regular car. We recommend checking your owner's manual for more accurate details relating to your vehicle.
Book Electric Car Servicing
Other Service in Isle of Wight
- Isle of Wight offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Isle of Wight auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. if you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Isle of Wight garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Isle of Wight offers diagnostics test which identify whether a warning light stems from issues in areas including the engine, ignition coils, throttle, and much more.
- Services such as Agricultural Service, Aircon, Suspension, Tyre Delivery and Car Servicing are also offered in Isle of Wight.
- We also offer an air conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle will require. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas just yet you can book a free air conditioning, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system, and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.