The newly refurbished Harris Brothers Tyre and Mechanical centre has been serving customers for over 70 years. The team will be pleased to welcome you with a free cup of coffee while they carry out a complete check on your vehicle and advise you on any requirements. As part of the refurbishment the centre now offers vehicle servicing, diagnostics as well as batteries, exhausts, brakes and suspensions.
With a large selection of tyres from all the leading manufacturers including; Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Continental, Goodyear and Dunlop. The centre team will advise you on the best tyre to meet your driving needs and your pocket. Why not visit our centre to get the best advise from our experts or feel free to buy online with same day fitting available.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Other Services in Swansea Richardson Road
The following mechanical services are offered by Harris Brothers Swansea Richardson Road:
- Swansea Richardson Road offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Swansea Richardson Road Road auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. If you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Swansea Richardson Road garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Swansea Richardson Road offers diagnostics test which identify whether a warning light stems from issues in areas including the engine, ignition coils, throttle, and much more.
- Services such as Air Conditioning, Diagnostics, Car MOT and Servicing are also offered in Swansea Richardson Road
Car Servicing, Swansea, Richardson Road
Regular servicing of your vehicle is essential to ensure that it is correctly maintained and safe to drive. Almost every vehicle manufacturer recommends at least annual servicing. A correctly stamped service book will help you to sell your vehicle and command a good value or trade-in price.
A basic oil service will consist of an oil and filter change, tyre check and fluid level top-up. A more comprehensive service will involve the checking of the various systems within the vehicle as well as an inspection of the consumable parts such as brake pads and discs. Remembering to book your Car Servicing in Swansea, Richardson Road can save on high repair costs later down the line, as worn or faulty parts can be detected sooner rather than later.
For Car Servicing in Swansea, Richardson Road Protyre offers 3 levels of service designed to suit the individual customer’s requirements. The Bronze oil service
is suited to the driver who has run up a high mileage in a short time and requires an interim service. Even this basic service includes a check of the battery, exhaust system and a number of parts as well as the oil and filter change, fluid levels top-up and engine inspection.
Protyre’s Silver service
includes all the checks contained in Bronze as well as a deeper inspection of the vehicle which will include checks of the fan, alternator and auxiliary belts. Your lights and battery will be checked as well as the driveshaft, joints, suspension and wheel bearings.
The Gold service
is Protyre’s major car servicing package and is recommended for those vehicles that are ready for a full service. Our professional technicians will carry out a 59 point check of your vehicle. This will include all the checks provided in Bronze and Silver as well as a host of other checks.
Protyre only uses genuine manufacturer parts and these come with a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty.
Car MOT in Swansea Richardson Road
Car MOT in Swansea Richardson Road specialise in low-cost MOT’s, with prices starting from only £29.95. As one of the largest DVSA-approved test centre networks in the country, thousands of vehicles pass their MOT with Protyre every year. We ensure that all vehicles are inspected to impeccable standards and are given their MOT certificate
If you are looking for a sensibly-priced class 4 MOT at Swansea Richardson Road, then you can easily book online using our automated booking system. For even greater convenience, Protyre offers same day MOT tests, allowing you to be in and out of the garage in just a couple of hours, taking the stress out of worrying about last-minute availability.
Tyres in Swansea Richardson Road
If you're searching for 'tyres in Swansea near me' our garage offers premium, budget and mid-range tyres from manufacturers including; Pirelli, Bridgestone, Falken and Sumitomo. Our tyre professionals can help you make the right choice to fit your vehicle and your budget and advise you as to whether you need summer, winter or all-season tyres.
Premium brands use the latest compounds and technology to create rigorously tested tyres that outclass the competition for safety, performance and fuel efficiency. For drivers who clock up considerable mileage annually, premium tyres are the smart choice.
Mid-range tyres are more durable than budget tyres; they strike a happy medium if you can’t stretch to premium quality. Opt for mid-range tyres from a reliable manufacturer if you don’t cover a high mileage but demand better performance and fuel efficiency than budget tyres can provide.
Budget tyres are suitable when you need a quick change of tyre and you are strapped for cash. In this situation, budget tyres from a quality manufacturer can be a good choice. They’re also suitable for second vehicles or cars that aren’t driven far. Otherwise, they can be a false economy as they’re the least durable option. Unless you expect to be driving consistently at temperatures below 7C, a good quality summer or all-season tyre is the sensible choice. Summer tyres are designed to give excellent grip and handling on dry and wet roads in warmer conditions whereas winter tyres use a softer compound that gives outstanding performance when your tyres need to grip in wet and icy conditions. All-season tyres offer a hybrid solution and are a good choice for drivers who experience mild winter weather conditions.
The following tips will help you keep your tyres in good condition until you need to replace them:
- Always keep your tyres inflated at the recommended pressure to avoid excess wear and damage
- Check your tyres for wear and damage on a monthly basis
- If your tyre pressure monitoring system alert activates, head for your nearest Protyre garage
- Ideally have four identical tyres fitted to your vehicle, if not, make sure you have matching tyres fitted in each axle
- Rotate your tyres regularly so that they wear evenly for a longer lifespan
- Check the sidewall of your tyres for all the information you need to order a new set using the Protyre tyre finder
Whether you need new tyres or want them checking professionally, we can help. Book online today for your free tyre check or use our handy tyre finder function and book in for same day or next day fitting.