Offering vehicle tyres from many manufacturers including Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, GT Radial, Goodyear, Hankook and Falken with same day fitting available on a selection of tyres Direct Tyres Stockport can meet all your motoring needs. As well as car tyres the centre offers tyres for vans, motorbikes and 4x4 vehicles. Other services offered include exhausts, batteries, brakes, suspension and wheel alignment. Buy online or visit our Direct Tyres Stockport centre and one of our friendly staff will be happy to help you with your motoring requirements.
Car MOTs in Stockport
These days, if you Google for an “MOT in Stockport near me” you’ll probably be offered a map with garages marked on it. However, this can produce rather variable results. If you need major car servicing or a class 4 MOT you want to be sure you deal with fully qualified mechanics. For that, there is no substitute for a recognisable brand with a good reputation.
Direct Tyres Stockport - Team Protyre's professional MOT testers will check your car for safety and performance issues to ensure that your vehicle is safe and roadworthy. If your vehicle is between 3 and 40 years old then you’ll need to renew your car MOT annually. You can take the hassle out of booking your MOT by using our automated online booking system. Tests by our professional technicians take as little as one hour and you can book in for a free safety check to identify any issues before the MOT test if your unsure whether it will pass.
If the test is left until the last minute, a fail makes the vehicle illegal to drive and you'll be stranded. So booking early is always better, and you don’t waste MOT validity time by coming in early - the new certificate still begins when the old one expires as long as you book with a month of your MOT expiry date.
When to book an MOT
Unlike many other “MOT in Stockport near me” search results, your Protyre MOT can be booked online at very short notice, often the same day. However, we never recommend that you leave an MOT until the previous one expires.
If the test is left until the last minute, a fail makes the vehicle illegal to drive and you'll be stranded. So booking early is always better, and you don’t waste MOT validity time by coming in early - the new certificate still begins when the old one expires.
Remember, under the new government legislation, all the necessary documentation is online. So don’t delay just to look for paperwork.
An MOT is not a full service check
An MOT is a roadworthiness examination. It tells you very little about your clutch, gearbox or engine. This is why it makes sense to book a Gold service too.
The test does, of course, include your tyres. Don’t fail your MOT because of something you can easily check and remedy beforehand. Protyre are tyre specialists so if you’re in doubt about your tyres drop in any time and let our professional technicians advise you. Worn windscreen wipers are another annoying reason for failing and they're cheap to replace.
Car Servicing in Stockport
Protyre garages have to meet the highest standards. We fit only genuine spares with a 12 month guarantee. Searching for “car servicing in Stockport near me” might lead you to our garage on Newbridge Lane, but why spend the time when you can go straight to Protyre.
Direct Tyres Stockport - Team Protyre offers three car servicing packages; Bronze, Silver and Gold:
The Bronze package is an interim service that you can easily afford between a full service and MOT. An interim service provides preventive maintenance and is a sensible precaution after covering a lot of miles, or planning a long trip. Our professional technicians inspect and top up oil, filters and antifreeze. They will conduct a battery check and alert you to any obvious issues developing. The Silver package is designed to avert breakdowns. In addition to the Bronze services, we inspect your electrics, alternator, timing belt and brake pads. The Gold package is a comprehensive service that also includes checks of your engine, radiator and brakes. You can save time and money by booking a gold service to coincide with your annual MOT.
If you book an MOT and car service at the same time then we only charge £20.00 for an MOT saving you money! With same day appointments available.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Tyres in Stockport
If you are searching for 'tyres in Stockport near me' our tyre professionals can help. We stock ranges from some of the biggest brands around. For example, if you are looking for budget tyres, we have budget-friendly options from respected economy brands. We also stock mid-range products from the likes of Sumitomo and Falken, as well as premium models aimed at delivering exceptional performance from Bridgestone, or Pirelli.
You will no doubt base your choice of tyre type on your needs as well as your budget. The tyres we stock are also designed to cope with different seasonal conditions. Some are specifically engineered to work best in the winter, with tread patterns that provide more traction on snowy and icy roads. Others are made for all seasons, giving solid year-round performance without excelling in any one area.
At our Stockport garage you can order replacement tyres to be fitted by our tyre professionals. We stock and supply products from leading manufacturers and can provide advice and guidance on any tyre-related issue, as well as a range of other automotive maintenance areas.
Why not get in touch with us today for a free tyre check? If you know what tyres you need, our advanced search function here on the website will help you to identify a range of options at competitive prices, with same day appointments available.
Other Services in Stockport
- Stockport offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Stockport auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. if you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Stockport garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as Agricultural Services, Car Mobile Fitting Services Suspension, Tyre Delivery and Car Servicing are also offered in Stockport
- We also offer an air conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle will require. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas just yet you can book a free air conditioning, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system, and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.