Barry & Wilkinson Tyre & Exhaust - Team Protyre, opened in Mold in 1979 in Gas Lane before becoming part of the Protyre network in 2010.
Alex and his team will be pleased to provide advice and to make recommendations to meet your driving requirements. The centre specialises in mechanical repairs, car and van servicing offering a fixed price servicing menu. As well as providing servicing and mechanical repairs, the centre is an accredited MOT testing station and will gladly undertake MOTs for cars, light vans and 4x4's. Barry & Wilkinson Tyre & Exhaust - Team Protyre also provides and fits brakes, batteries, exhausts and will undertake suspension and clutch work. State of the art wheel alignment systems will help keep you on the straight. The centre also offers a complete range of tyres from all the leading manufacturers, including; Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Falken and GT Radial. A comprehensive range of economy tyres from the likes of Runway are also available. We will happily undertake a free vehicle safety check for you and our experts will advise you for the best tyres to meet your driving style and purse.
Car MOT available at Barry & Wilkinson Tyres
Barry & Wilkinson Tyres & Exhaust Mold- Team Protyre’s qualified mechanics offer an affordable class 4 MOT, as well as undertaking MOTs for light vans and 4x4’s. Each year, thousands of vehicles pass their MOT and we ensure that inspection is carried out to exacting standards in a way which is hassle-free for our customers.
For your added convenience, we are also pleased to offer same day MOT test with short-notice appointment slots often available to book online quickly and easily. This allows you to be in and out in just a couple of hours, with minimum disruption.
Prices for MOTs start from as little as £29.95, making it one of the most competitively priced MOTs available. By booking your MOT and car service together, you can get your MOT for just £20! To book and take advantage of this offer, simply select your chosen service package and then add an MOT at checkout.
Car Servicing available at Barry & Wilkinson Tyres
Barry & Wilkinson Tyres and Exhaust Mold- Team Protyre offers car servicing, with three different packages available to suit a range of different needs and requirements.
Our Bronze oil service package start from as little as £79 and this includes a steering check, exhaust system check, engine inspection, oil and filter change and an anti-freeze top up, and much more. This package is more of an interim service, which is ideally suited for those who do high mileage and are seeking peace of mind between their annual services.
The Silver service package includes all the features of the Bronze package, in addition to checking of the fan/alternator and auxiliary belts and inspection of a wide range of components including lights, battery, joints, gaiters, driveshaft, wheel bearings and suspension. When it comes to costs, prices for the Silver service package start at £109, making it ideal for those seeking stress-free motoring thanks to a comprehensive service regime.
The Gold service package is our full service package, perfect for those requiring major car servicing. The package includes all Bronze and Silver aspects, together with air filter replacement, a pollen filter check, a fuel filter and system check and much more, with prices starting from £169.
Low Cost MOTs and servicing can be booked online by clicking here
Protyre Mold your local tyre experts
Are you searching ‘tyres in Mold near me’? Your local Protyre garage has you covered with a wide range of premium, mid-range and budget tyres suitable for winter and summer use. We also provide run flat and all-season solutions from manufacturers, including; Bridgestone, Falken, Pirelli and Sumitomo that deliver performance, durability and fuel efficiency.
Our tyre professionals make it their job to find you the right tyre for your budget from the thousands of great quality options we have on offer. We understand that you may not always be able to stretch to premium tyres that offer the best blend of performance, comfort and safety so we’ll strive to find you a mid-range alternative that keeps your fuel costs to a minimum while offering some of the advantages of the premium brands. The tyres you use will depend on a number of factors including your annual mileage and whether it’s a first or second car. A good budget tyre brand can be a money-saving alternative if you don’t do much mileage or need a quick replacement for a damaged or punctured tyre.
However, if you drive a significant number of miles a year you’ll find that more durable premium tyres will save you money in the longer run. Summer tyres offer the best performance on warm, dry and wet surfaces. Winter tyres use a softer compound to offer excellent grip in ice, snow and wet conditions below 7C. All-season tyres: a hybrid solution that offers the best of both worlds for drivers where winters are mild. Run flat tyres with a strong, reinforced sidewall that can be driven for up to 50 miles after a puncture. 4x4 tyres have a deeper tread to offer greater traction for off-road driving.
Our qualified tyre professionals offer a top-notch fitting service but following a few simple maintenance tips will prolong the lifespan of your tyres. Never over or under inflate your tyres but always keep them at the correct pressure as outlined in the owner's manual. Make sure that you regularly have your tyres rotated from front to back for even wear and a longer life for your tyres.
Make sure that your wheels are properly balanced and aligned. Fit the same make and model of tyre on each axle, or fit pairs of matching tyres across the same axle.
You can book in for a free tyre check at your local Protyre garage to make sure that your tyres are in tip-top condition. Or find your new tyres with our handy online search engine and book in for fitting. We also offer same day fitting and appointments on thousands of tyres if its urgent.
Other Services in Mold
- Mold offers free brake checks which covers the inspection of all brake system's components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Mold auto garage offers wheel alignment service to assess the position of vehicle's wheels which can be purchased online. if you are unsure and seek a professional opinion why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damage.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than 5 minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are equipped with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at Mold garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests, it is bit complex in comparison to others. It is usually tested by elevating the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as Suspension, Tyre Delivery and Car Servicing are also offered in Mold.
- We also offer an air conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to identify which gas your vehicle will require. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas just yet you can book a free air conditioning, where our engineers will look for any leaks within your system, and check the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.