Peter and his team at Alba Tyres Headingley pride themselves on providing an exceptional level of customer service. Alba Tyres Headingley joined the Protyre network in 2015. This Leeds-based centre specialises in mechanical repairs and services as well as supplying and fitting tyres for cars, vans and 4x4s from all leading manufacturers, including Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone and Continental. The Leeds Headingley Lane centre boasts a John Bean laser wheel alignment system. Peter and his team will be pleased to provide advice on the best tyres to meet your driving requirements. Pop in to get the best advice from our experts or feel free to buy online with same-day tyre-fitting available right here in Leeds.
Other Services in Leeds Headingley Lane
The following mechanical services are offered by Alba Tyres Headingley:
- Alba Tyres Headingley offers free brake checks which cover the inspection of all brake system components. One of our expert technicians will take a look at brake pads, shoes, callipers, hoses and handbrake linkage.
- Alba Tyres Headingley auto garage in Leeds offers a wheel alignment service to assess the position of a vehicle's wheels. This service can be purchased online. If you are unsure and would like to seek a professional opinion, why not book a free alignment check?
- Exhausts will be checked for any leaking joints, cracks, broken hangers, corrosion or other damages.
- Batteries are checked for their corrosion on the terminals, voltage output and the charging rate of the battery which indicates the condition of the battery. This service will not take more than five minutes to complete as Protyre technicians are armed with the latest equipment. Book your free battery check service now at our Leeds Headingley Lane garage.
- Suspension is unlike other tests and is a bit more complex. It is usually tested by raising the vehicle on a lift to inspect the suspension.
- Services such as air conditioning, car diagnostic tests, nitrogen and servicing are also offered by Alba Tyres Headingley in Leeds.
- We offer an air-conditioning regas and lube service to help you get the most out of your car, whatever the weather. Our air-conditioning engineers are fully certified with the Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate and can help you to determine which gas your vehicle requires. If you aren't sure if your air conditioning is in need of a regas, you can book a free air-conditioning check, where our engineers will check for any leaks within your system and look at the pressure, quantity of gas, and levels of refrigerant to see if anything needs topping up.
Car Services in Leeds Headingley Lane
Your vehicle should be serviced regularly in order to ensure that it is safe to drive and running efficiently.
Protyre offers 3 different tiers of Car Servicing in Leeds, Headingley Lane and the type of service that is appropriate for you will depend on the age of your vehicle, its existing service history and how your vehicle is used. All parts supplied by Protyre are guaranteed for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles.
The Bronze oil service represents the basic level of service and is ideal for the motorist who runs up a high mileage in a short time and requires an interim service. In addition to carrying out the customary oil and filter change, Protyre will conduct a total of 27 checks of your vehicle’s parts and systems. This will include checks on the steering, battery and exhaust system.
Protyre’s Silver service is an interim service and recommended at between 6 and 12 months or between 6000 and 12,000 miles. Silver car servicing in Leeds, Headingley Lane consists of all the benefits from the Bronze package and a total of 48 checks. These include a full brake inspection, alternator and charging system check, lights, battery terminals and suspension inspection.
For any vehicles that have not been serviced for over a year or with an uncertain service history, the Protyre Gold service may be the right choice for you. The Gold package represents a full service and our professional technicians will carry out some 59 separate checks of your vehicle. A Gold service will include all the components of the Bronze and Silver packages, in addition to a deeper inspection of the vehicle.
Our major car servicing offers you the peace of mind of knowing that any issues will have been identified and a roadside breakdown is much more unlikely. Unexpected repair costs are minimised when your vehicle is regularly serviced.
Tyres in Leeds Headingley Lane
If you’re searching for tyres in Headingley, our tyre professionals can help. We stock ranges from some of the biggest brands around. On a budget? No problem. Our Leeds Headingley Lane tyre shop has plenty of cheap tyres from respected economy brands. We also stock mid-range products including:
- Sumitomo – Our range of Sumitomo tyres is suitable for cars and for vehicles carrying extra loads. Sumitomo have considered the weather conditions when designing their tyres, so you are guaranteed to find a set of tyres to keep you moving smoothly, no matter if you’re facing snow or sun.
- Falken – Our Falken range offers a wide selection of tyres suitable for a range of vehicles such as Minis, 4x4s and sports cars. No matter whether you need a tyre with reinforced traction to navigate those icy winter streets or something to keep you going when you head off the beaten track, Falken has a tyre to suit.
If you’d prefer a premium-model tyre, we offer several brands which are aimed at delivering exceptional performance:
- Bridgestone – Our range of Bridgestone tyres is suitable for passenger cars, 4x4s, trucks, buses and commercial vehicles. Bridgestone have been crafting premium tyres for over 90 years and with such a variety of models available, you’re sure to find a set to meet your needs.
- Pirelli – Our selection of Pirelli tyres caters to cars, vans, bikes, and 4x4s to name a few, along with run-flat and all-season designs. Pirelli is highly revered globally and has a reputation for creating tyres of exceptional quality.
We know that your choice of tyre type will be based on your needs as well as your budget. The tyres we stock are also designed to stand up against different seasonal conditions. Some are specifically engineered to work best in the winter, with tread patterns that provide more traction on snow and ice. Others are made for all seasons, giving solid year-round performance without excelling in any one area.
We have a number of tyre-fitting professionals near you at our Leeds Headingley Lane garage to fit your replacement tyres. We stock and supply products from leading manufacturers and can provide advice and guidance on any tyre-related issue, as well as a range of other automotive maintenance areas.
Why not contact us today for a free tyre check? If you know what tyres you need, our advanced search function here on the website will help you to identify a range of options at competitive prices, and we offer same-day appointments for tyre fittings at Leeds Headingley Lane.
1. What is a car service?
A car service is essentially a regular check-up for your car to ensure that it is working properly and is safe to drive. The service is carried out by a trained technician who will be able to identify any areas of concern and advise on the best course of action. Unlike an MOT, a car service is not a test, so you cannot fail it. However, it is worth having your car serviced before arranging an MOT, as this will give you the chance to address any issues in advance.
2. How often should you service your car?
The exact recommendation for how often your car should be serviced will depend on its make and model. You can find out the recommended service frequency by checking your vehicle manual or contacting your local dealership. However, the general rule of thumb is that you should arrange for your car to be serviced once a year or every 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
3. How long do car tyres last?
The lifespan of a tyre will depend on a range of factors. Weather conditions, the temperature, road conditions and even your driving style can all affect how quickly your tyres will wear out. At a rough estimate, a tyre has a ‘shelf life’ of up to 10 years, although this is likely to vary depending on the brand and the quality of materials used to construct the tyre. Chances are that your tyres will wear out from road use long before they expire, unless you don’t often drive it.
When the time comes to arrange a tyre replacement, simply visit one of our tyre shops near you and we’ll help you find the best match for your vehicle.
4. What tyres does my car need?
The tyres your car needs will depend on its make and model. Here at Protyre, we’ve made it easy to buy the best tyres for your vehicle online with our advanced search feature. Simply enter your vehicle registration number and your postcode, or search by tyre size to quickly find the best fit for your car.
5. What is wheel alignment?
It’s important to make sure that the wheels of your vehicle are correctly aligned, as misaligned tyres can affect your ability to control the vehicle, which could put you and your passengers in danger.
We offer two main types of wheel alignment at our Leeds Headingley Lane garage:
- Front-wheel alignments look at the front wheels and focus on the caster – the forward or backward angle when the steering system rotates the wheel – and the toe, which refers to the angles at which the tyres are pointed.
- Four-wheel alignments examine the front and rear wheels, along with the camber – the vertical alignment of the wheels when viewed from the front and which way they fold.
6. How long does a wheel alignment take?
The wheel alignment service offered at our Leeds Headingley Lane garage typically takes one hour, although in some cases it may take slightly less time or slightly more. The amount of time that the service takes will usually depend on how severe the misalignment is and how many of the wheels need realigning.
For more information about wheel alignment in Leeds, contact our team on 0113 537 3229
7. How much is a vehicle diagnostic test?
At Protyre, all our vehicle diagnostic tests are available for £50 including VAT. The same price applies no matter whether you need us to test a car, van, bike or even a 4x4.
It’s quick and easy to book in your car for a diagnostic test at Leeds Headingley Lane at the touch of a button. Simply add our Diagnostic Plug-in & Report
to your basket. From there, you’ll be able to decide when you would like to have your car diagnostic test completed at our Leeds Headingley Lane car diagnostic garage or at another centre near you.
Why choose Protyre for your tyre needs?
Protyre is the UK’s largest independent retailer for tyres, selling more than six million tyres nationwide each year. With around 160 garages up and down the country
manned by qualified technicians, we offer a wide range of tyre services to ensure your time on the road runs smoothly.
We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and reliable advice that you can trust. Our customers are quick to praise us for the efficiency with which their tyre issues are resolved and, as a result, they rate us as Excellent on Trustpilot
. So, no matter whether you need a hand finding some cheap tyres from a reputable brand or a speedy car tyre repair near you, our Leeds automotive experts are here to help.