Want to Get Rid of Condensation? Put Cat Litter in Your Car… Seriously
Comparison site Confused.com
conducted research that revealed one in five UK drivers are dealing with condensation in their car on a regular basis and worryingly this is causing some very dangerous issues for drivers. One in 10 claims to have had an accident or near-miss because of condensation. Furthermore, more than a third of those claimed the accident or near-miss happened because they were trying to wipe down the windscreen.
The research proved very concerning, as many drivers don’t know how they should deal with condensation, with more than one in 20 admitting they don’t do anything to clear it – a very dangerous risk to take. In fact, the research found 16% of motorists are confused about how to get rid of condensation, but of those who have tried to tackle it
the top three most common fixes were:
- Put the air conditioning on and wait for it to clear (65%)
- Air out the car by leaving the windows open (32.19%)
- Pull over and wipe the window (27%)
With condensation proving to be quite tricky to deal with, it’s no wonder why drivers would like to see more advice on how to tackle it. To help bring clarity Confused.com have created a handy guide
on how to tackle condensation in cars.
Quick fixes to prevent condensation
- Wash your car to get rid of dirt particles that attract moisture.
- Get rid of any damp items like coats and towels
- Fill a pair of tights with cat litter and leave in your car - this will help absorb excess moisture. Trust us on this one.
- Air out your car by leaving the windows open for a few hours (when safe to do so)
- Switch on your blower and A/C, and wipe down your windows thoroughly.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive Protyre offers and our latest news